Moxa’s Code of Conduct is an extension of our established core values that embody our focus on our people and our customers.
We are expected to embed the Code of Conduct guidelines and principles into our daily behaviors and practices when we are working within the organization and with customers, colleagues, suppliers, business partners, and community partners to make decisions that comply with the law and uphold our core values.
In the Workplace
- Create a safe, healthy and secure work environment
- Promote a workplace that is free of discrimination, violence, and harassment
- Uphold responsible employment practices
- Prohibit alcohol and drug use
- Protect personal information
- Protect Moxa’s and others’ assets and use them appropriately
- Commit to financial and business integrity
- Protect our environment
In the Marketplace
Do not give or accept bribes or kickbacks
We earn trust from our customers, business partners, community partners, and our suppliers by operating our business with the highest standards of integrity. It is absolutely forbidden to give or accept any bribes or kickbacks when performing our jobs.
Provide and accept gifts and entertainment only when appropriate
Strong, lasting business relationships are built on trust and professional service, not through the giving of gifts. Any gift or entertainment given or received must be under USD100 in value, must not be cash or a cash equivalent, and must be permitted by law for both the giver and the receiver. Giving or receiving gifts or entertainment to or from a government official is strictly prohibited.
Engage in fair competition
Unfair business practices that restrict competition and control the market are not how we do business. We comply with all applicable antitrust and competition laws in the countries where we operate.
Recognize and avoid conflicts of interest
You must ensure that neither you nor any member of your family or household receives any improper personal benefits as a result of your position with Moxa. Having a conflict of interest is not necessarily a violation of the Code of Conduct, but failure to disclose a potential conflict of interest is.
In the Community
Speaking with the media
All communications with the media whether on or off the record, any public speeches or statements regarding Moxa business, and any activities in the name of Moxa through the media must be made by a Moxa spokesperson designated by the Group Executive Board (GEB) unless otherwise authorized in advance.
Social media policy
- You should never give the impression that you are speaking on behalf of Moxa in any personal communication unless previously authorised, including through social media, user forums, blogs, chat rooms, and bulletin boards.
- Do not post any confidential, proprietary, or non-public information, such as company secrets, revenue, pricing, compensation related information, or personal information. Take care when posting photographs to ensure that you are not accidentally revealing confidential information.
- Do not register online/social media channels in the name of Moxa without prior approval.
Moxa remains neutral for political matters, and use of company funds or assets for political activities is prohibited.
Raising questions and reporting concerns
If you have a question, wish to discuss a possible concern, or want to report a potential violation of the Code of Conduct, you should discuss it with your manager or the Human Resource Manager for your department. If you are uncomfortable with that approach for any reason at all, or if no action is taken after your discussion, you may always contact the Group Human Resources Head or send an email to the Moxa Code of Conduct Committee (MCC Committee) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
No Moxa employee, Group Executive Board (GEB) member, or Board of Directors (BOD) member is permitted to retaliate or take any hostile action against anyone who reports a potential or actual violation, raises an issue of concern, or cooperates in an investigation of a potential violation of the Code of Conduct or the law.