You can find the COM ports of the UPort converter in the Windows Device Manager as shown in the following example:
The COM ports are listed in the Windows Device Manager after you successfully install the UPort driver. You can check the properties of the ports just like you check the PC’s built-in COM ports.
To change the serial interface settings for a UPort converter in Windows, do the following:
- Click on the Multi-port serial adapters setting in the Windows Device Manager.
You can change settings such as the COM port number and serial interface type (e.g., from RS-232 to RS-485).
*Note: The UPort 1x10 devices support RS-232, UPort 1x30 devices support RS-422/485, and UPort 1x50 devices support RS-232/422/485.
- Right-click on the UPort converter and select Properties.12
- In the Properties box, click on the Ports Configuration tab.
- Select the port configuration entry and click Port Setting.
- In the Port dialog box, modify the converter settings.
- Click OK.