To enhance road safety, a system integrator helped their client develop Road Weather Information Systems (RWIS) to collect sensor data from roadside weather stations, so that road condition updates can be provided to commuters instantly. There are multiple sensors deployed in roadside weather stations to collect different data types, including temperature, wind speed, and humidity. Since each data type requires a different I/O interface, the Moxa ioThinx 4510 Series, with its easy-to-install I/O modules, is ideal for collecting all of the I/O signals over the same network.
The traffic control center is part of the city infrastructure network, which typically uses IT-based network management systems that are not inherently compatible with the sensors used in roadside weather stations. Our ioThinx 4510 Series modular remote I/O supports SMMPv3, which encrypts data before it is transmitted over public IP networks to enhance the security of data generated by the field devices.
- Various I/O interfaces for connecting sensor nodes used in roadside weather stations
- Secure communication for remote monitoring through public networks
- Support for IT protocols that can be easily integrated into city infrastructure networks
- Reliable data acquisition devices that can operate in roadside cabinets
- Modular design makes it easy to connect a variety of sensors
- Built-in serial interfaces to make integration easy for serial-based sensors
- Supports SMNPv3 for secure communication between roadside weather stations and the traffic control center
- - 40 to 75°C wide operating temperature